Injection Mouldable Deep Squat Passive Polycentric Knee Joint
Features : • e-Auction Description of Work : Injection mouldable deep squat passive polycentric knee joint • e-Auction Type : NonExclusive • e-Auction Number : NE/KIHT/20003 • Base Price :
• Special Price : 1250000
• Licenses : 20
• e-Auction Category : Manufacturing Rights Transfer
• e-Auction Date / Time : 22-03-2018 16:31
• TRL : 9
• Injection Moldable Polycentric Knee Joint is a novel design to assist trans-femoral amputees at an affordable cost incorporating mechanisms for locking flexion motion, assisting in deep squat upto 135 and flexion-extension to enhance the quality of life of amputees.
• The first generation knee joint was developed and it was tested in a walking simulator and gait cycle analysis was performed before it was fitted with the patient.
• Patients were allowed to use the knee joint and feedback from patients and gait pattern of knee joint were collected.
• Based on the same, second generation knee was developed with advanced features including topology optimized ribs for injection molding, reducing weight and stress up to 30% and assisted deep
• Need and Demand :
• As per Census India 2011, 2.21% of the total population have disabilities of which 21% have locomotive disability (~20 lakh above knee amputees) who require knee functional joints. The total requirement for the prosthesis knee is more than 90 lakh from Asia, Africa and South America.
• Market Access Information :
• The high end active knee joint costs $15,000 to $30,000. Currently, the available polycentric passive knee joints are in range of $200 to $1000. The cost of the proposed technology with many advanced features is expected to be within $100