BiPAP Machine – Uses, side effects & how it treats sleep apnea
Globally there is a steep rise in the cases of obstructive sleep apnea. India remains in an alarming state with over 6 million cases of apnea with the majority undiagnosed and untreated. Untreated sleep apnea kicks off worse complications that include hypertension, elevated blood pressure, disturbed heartbeat, heart attacks, brain attacks, and Prediabetes. Sleep disorders result in deterioration of the overall health and at times lead to irreversible damage to the human body and mind.
What is sleep apnea? How BiPAP Machine treats sleep apnea
Sleep apnea is a kind of sleep disorder characterized by deep snoring and obstructed breathing instances in sleep. These instances become longer and more frequent over time if no treatment is administered. Sleep apnea is categorized as obstructive sleep apnea, central sleep apnea, or complex sleep apnea. In cases where the person is having mild issues, doctors start with a line of treatment that involves losing weight, lifestyle changes, and quitting smoking. Cases that range from moderate to severe would involve the doctors suggesting the use of positive air pressure machines (PAP)machines to aid restriction-free respiration during the night. These machines can be APAP, CPAP, or BiPAP machines. In the case of obstructive sleep apnea, the medical professionals go with an APAP or a CPAP. IN cases of central and complex sleep apnea doctors have been known to suggest BiPAP machines.
How are BiPAP machines different from APAP and CPAP?
A BiPAP machine unlike the APAP and CPAP can alternate between 2 different levels of air pressure hence the name BiPAP (Bi-level positive air pressure). The person can have BI level pressure in the machine, one higher level to breathe in and the second to be slightly lower than the first to exhale.
BiPAP machine is a boon for patients that respond poorly to CPAP or APAP. They are effective in cases of aerophagia and claustrophobia too. Medikabazaar offers a variety of options for the ones looking to buy BiPAP machines. Some of the popular models include
- Simple, reliable, sensitive, quickly synchronized with the patient.
- CPAP, S, S / T, T operating modes
- IPAP 4-30, EPAP 4-30
- 8-step inhalation-exhalation triggers
- Adjusting the inhalation-exhalation pressure, inhalation time (0.5-3 seconds) and respiration rate
- Monitoring Vt, Res Rate, Min Vent, Leak. Alarms in all respects
- 5-step adjustment of the humidifier
- Display of the key parameters of therapy in the online mode
- Build quality conforms to German standards
- E-VPAS (Volume Assured Pressure Support): e-VAPS intelligently ensures the required pressure support for patients to deliver the intended fixed volume.
- Auto E-pap: Addresses any upper airway obstruction. Monitors your upper airway and auto adjusts the expiratory pressure.
- Intelligent Pressure release (iPR): Makes the therapy comfortable by reducing the treatment pressure upon exhalation.
- Advanced Ventilation Algorithm: Works in synchronous with the patient's own breathing pattern, thereby improving the patient's compliance with the therapy.
- Simple and intuitive user interface: Personalized patient comfort settings along with different modes let patients undergo seamless and worry-free therapy.
- Multiple Therapy Modes: CPAP, S, AUTO S, S/T, T, & AUTO S/T Therapy Modes.
- Display: High Resolution 5"inch color touch screen display.
- Humidifier: Integrated humidifier along with pre-heating function.
- Power Efficient: Energy-saving mode and auto therapy ON/OFF functions
- Intelligent Adjustments: Auto altitude and auto humidity adjustment.
- Data Recording & Transfer: 4GB SD Card with 1 year therapy details
- Tailored ventilation because every patient is different.
- The bi-level ventilator BiPAP A40 has been designed to combine ease-of-use and comfort with technological innovations that adapt to patients' condition to deliver enhanced therapy.
- Based on a familiar platform, BiPAP A40 comes with well-known and clinically proven Respironics technology such as Auto-Trak, AVAPS and a Dry Box humidifier design.
- The device is capable of non-invasive and invasive pressure ventilation, up to 40 cmH2O, providing treatment.
- ion Technique (FPS): Helps to accurately capture the breath of the user through the respiratory frequency.
- The machine can control the motor accurately and in time to accelerate the acceleration or deceleration. Treatment force, comfort for treatment
- USM (Ultra-Silent Muffler Airway System) air-cooled system.
- PCM (Phase Cancellation Muffler) technology: noise cancellation, silencing.
- Adaptive Audio Adjustment (Adaptive 3A).
- Am-Auto Technology: Intelligent Auto Function
- Can be connected to an oxygen generator and measure oxygen levels in the blood via SPO2 cable. (Purchased)
- The humidifier can be separated
- self-compensating for leakage and elevation
- Mask respirator, snorkel is disconnected
- Engine failure warning
- Ramp time can be set
- The software reads the data with the card
Medikabazaar offers these machines and many more through No Cost EMI applicable on All major credit cards. Customers pre-approved approved flexipay by HDFC can buy now and pay later on the Medikabazaar site.
BiPAP machine side-effects?
BiPAP, CPAP, or APAP machines are useful for patients that require assistance in breathing and help to avoid obstructive breathing instances. They are not a replacement for normal respiration. They improve the quality of life for people suffering from sleep apnea by providing assisted breathing during sleep. These machines are known to have very little or mild side effects. The commonly seen side seen in the users is nasal congestion