Benefits of Dental RVG Sensor and its Application in Dentistry
Accuracy in diagnosis is paramount in Dentistry. The dentist can only fix the problem and meet the customer’s expectations after an accurate diagnosis. Imaging has a very important role to play in dentistry. A clear image can aid in accurate diagnosis while an unclear image can increase the chances of an error. Capturing a quality image is not as simple as it sounds. Image quality is affected by a number of factors. RVG or radiovisiography is the most recent technique of imaging used in dentistry. The radiation exposure is minimal as compared to the other traditional techniques used for capturing images.
What is an RVG sensor
RVG stands for Radiovisiography and is a technology that has replaced traditional x-ray radiology methods. It is used extensively in dentistry now due to the benefits that it is to offer.
What are the advantages of RVG sensor
- RVG reduces the exposure to radiation by 80% for the patients.
- The sensor helps the doctor to get instant results.
- There is hardly any wait time for the patient for reports.
- The sensor of the RVG is capable of versatile applications. It is covered with housing and also has a shock protection layer protecting the sensor from bites and drops.
- The RVG is capable of taking high-quality images due to high sensitivity Scintillator, Fiber Optics, and High-resolution rugged CMOS detector. The digital sensor delivers images of the highest resolutions more than 20LP/mm
- RVG sensor has the functionality of saving the images and changing their size or contrast for better viewing.
- RVG sensors are available in three sizes depending on their applications which range from 0 to 2. For Pediatric examinations size o is used while for taking vertical imaging for general purposes size 1 is recommended. Size 2 is used for obtaining bitewing images and periapical.
- Teeth problems can be detected early and steps can be taken in time to arrest the damage.
- It is very cost-efficient as it does not involve the chemical processors
- The soft tissue and fractures are easily visible due to the high quality of the image produced, which would otherwise be undetectable.
- With RVG the storage of images on computers are possible and they can be shared with the experts over the net and viewed on any device.
- Specific areas can be enlarged to visualize instrument location specially in endodontic treatments
- It is convenient for the radiologist to add his observations to the image.
- The radiologist can re-take an image almost instantly.
- The quality digital images can be easily shared with the concerned departments, making the entire process highly efficient.
RVG Sensor where all it is used for
- Detailed insight into dental cavities
- A 3D image of the interior of the teeth
- Detection of tooth decay
- A complete view of the structure of the lower and upper teeth
- Detection of gum issues
- Detection of tumors, fragmented enamel, and even cysts
- Understanding all issues pertaining to the oral tissues
Conclusion: RVG sensor has revolutionized imaging in dentistry. Perfect imaging leads to accurate diagnosis and is welcomed by dentists across the world. Explore the range of Dental RVG sensors by visiting India’s largest and fastest-growing platform for medical equipment, consumables, and medical furniture for dental, ophthalmic, and veterinary. Just click on the link above and enter the world of Medikabazaar.